[hpsdr] Call for Comments and Discussion - OzyII

Murray Lang murray.lang at westnet.com.au
Tue Jul 21 02:52:55 PDT 2009

AU$0.02:

I'd like to see the cost of OZY kept as low as reasonable so that
multiple HPSDR setups are justifiable (eg one for Penny/Mercury another
for Janus+SoftRocks etc).

I hope that "feature creep" doesn't plague this project. Once you start
talking about TCP/IP then all sorts of things logically follow. But can
the FPGA be more than a half way house in this regard?

If we are going to go down the path that some are suggesting and design
a Linux board with all the requisite resources, then why not add a DSP
and call it Sasquatch? I think it would be a shame to invest all that
energy (and money) and not go the extra step.

Cheers,
Murray VK6HL