[hpsdr] Call for Comments and Discussion

Erik N Basilier ebasilier at cox.net
Tue Jul 21 15:24:45 PDT 2009

The objectives that make sense to me at this time (I am surely missing some)
are:
1. A modest improvement in data rates over OZY 1.
2. Lower price and better availability of the built board.
3. Accessibility to a single "radio" by Internet.
4. Capability to run multiple receivers in phase for radio astronomy and
diversity reception.
The first 3 seem to go together, while I doubt that the existing
interconnect can handle 4.
If that is so, then the way to go would be to use only 1, 2 and 3 as design
criteria, then at a later time create a new interconnect. It would be
crucial to provide a way for existing cards to be adapted to the new
interconnect, otherwise our existing investments will soon seem unwise.

73,
Erik K7TV