[hpsdr] Call for Comments and Discussion - OzyII

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Jul 27 06:52:09 PDT 2009

Hi Larry,

This should be quite straighforward. I did a similar thing when developing
Mercury by interfacing an LTC2208 evaluation board to the 20 pin IDC header
on Ozy.

If you make a small PCB with an IDC header and PHY etc that will fit on the
20 pin header on Mercury then you should be able to quickly test the idea.

That would work as a standalone receiver and since you could remove all the
Atlas bus interface code would leave plenty of room for the PHY interface.

When developing Mercury as above I was able to get the complete receiver
plus USB interface in the Ozy C2 FPGA - a bit of a tight fit but it worked
as a single board receiver just fine.  Given the Mercury FPGA is a C3 you
should have plenty of room.

If you have a PHY chip in mind to test this idea then please let me know
since it would perhaps save duplication of effort.

73's Phil...VK6APH