[hpsdr] Call for Comments and Discussion - OzyII

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Fri Jul 31 20:18:35 PDT 2009

Hi Larry,

One PHY that looks like is good candidate is the Micrel KSZ9021RL.

This will run at 10/100/1000T so we can test at all of these speeds.

Micrel sells an evaluation board for the chip that could be interfaced to
the 20 pin IDC header on either the Ozy board or Mercury board.  This would
enable the chip to be evaluated and FPGA code developed prior to Ozy11 PCB
development.

This should both increase the development speed and reduce the project risk.

73's Phil...VK6APH