[hpsdr] A state of shock.

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Tue Jun 23 13:18:34 PDT 2009

Dear All,

I am in a state of shock and feel bereft, my beloved HPSDR is not
working correctly.  I had it running for about half an hour earlier on
today when suddenly it switched into TX mode and then back to RX, it did
this several times intermittently over a period of about one minute and
then stayed locked in TX.  Clicking the MOX button on PowerSDR does
nothing and the software shows that the hardware is indeed in TX mode.
I removed the microphone lead and replaced the USB cable that joins OZY
to the computer but to no avail.

I have found that by going into PowerSDR Setup and into Options, that by
placing a tick in the Disable PTT box I can then switch the unit out of
TX by pressing the MOX button, and like this the unit transmit and
receive is normal.  However of course I lose the ability to switch into
TX mode via CAT Control.

HPSDR will not function at all when attempting to control using the Kiss
Konsole, I assume that this therefore rules out a software problem and
means that I have a hardware fault.

Any help you can offer me in fault finding would be greatly appreciated,
I have to admit that I don't really know where to start, I can only
guess that the PTT circuitry that is initiated via Cat Control has
developed a fault.  I have the Pinocchio extender panel, I knew there
was some reason for buying it!

Thank you.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.