[hpsdr] Penny Solder stencils

Gerd Loch g.loch at nt-electronics.de
Fri Mar 6 01:35:25 PST 2009

Hi Neal,

where are your problems?

Normally you solder first the solderside (where only capacitors and
resistors are placed) with this side up.
You can use hotair or a IR reflow oven. Then you assemble the component side
and solder it in the same way. The components on the solder side are then
upside down. Even if the solderpaste on the bottom side becomes liquid again
the components keep adherent through the solderpaste.

Manual assembly is normally done by me with a fine soldertip part after
part.

Gerd, DJ8AY

Message: 1