[hpsdr] Mercury and SDR-Shell

w3sz 73w3sz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 15 06:41:15 PDT 2009

Hello, All,

I modified Edson Pereira's SDR-Shell for Linux [version 3a, as modified
by Rob Frohne] to work with Mercury.

As modified, it uses John Melton's Ozy driver, and the initozy from the
Jack-Janus portion of the hpsdr trunk.  Of course, it uses the newer,
cgran dttsp code.

It took very little work to do this, and I realize it isn't in the same
league as the great recent GUIs by John Melton and Bob Cowdery;  I did
it just to see if really I understood things at all after reading
through their code.

I thought others might like to play with it/learn by modifying it
further and checking their results.

The modified version of SDR-Shell is specifically intended for use with
Mercury.

I put a tarball with the files including source for the necessary ozy
driver and initozy files at
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/sdrshell_merc_w3sz.tar.bz2 .  The tar.bz2
file is about 1.2 MB.

I didn't include the new dttsp, which it uses, in the package.  As you
know, it can be downloaded via svn via
svn co https://www.cgran.org/cgran/projects/dttsp /your_directory
and you should get the most recent version from there.

I am using a 64 bit kernel so if you have a 32 bit system my compiled
files won't work for you.  But with the source included, you can
recompile everything easily yourself.

I put a description of how to set it up and use it at
http://www.nitehawk.com/w3sz/dttspw3sz.htm#sdrshell-merc

Thanks to all for the learning materials!

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ