[hpsdr] Rework Assistance

Tim O'Rourke w4yn at earthlink.net
Sun Mar 15 09:57:54 PDT 2009

I made a huge mistake building my Penelope. After checking orientation of Cyclone chip several times before soldering I found a few bent legs. After straighting the pins I successfully solders all those tiny legs only to find out I placed the cyclone chip incorrectly on board. I will order a new chip Monday but was wondering if I could hire out the replacement of the chip. The last time I removed a chip with same density pins I lifted some of the traces and do not want to do that again. Gerd's assembled Penny board will be here soon so there is no urgency in repair. I can try the chip quick this time but if there is a brave sole who has proper equipment to handle the repair I would be happy to pay for their expertise!
Tim W4YN

Tim O'Rourke
W4YN at ARRL.Net
Low Power Amateur Radio Rocks
Member of Flying Pigs,ARCI,GQRP,RSGB,ARRL Life Member
NHRA Life Member