[hpsdr] Penny Altera replacement

Neal Campbell nealk3nc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 23 06:28:26 PDT 2009

Hi all

In building my penny board, I have really learned a lot about
soldering a chip with leads as skinny as on the altera. In the process
its a messy job. Is the cyclone II that came in the kits package
already programmed?  If I buy a replacement cylone2 from dig-key can I
program it via the jtag after I finish assembly? I am not sure I have
passed the point of no return on the one that came with the kits
package but I think I would rather hotair it out and start over on it!

73
Neal k3nc