[hpsdr] PowerSDR and VS2008

Bill Tracey bill at ewjt.com
Sun Mar 29 20:04:42 PDT 2009

At the moment I'm not working on this - figured
I'd wait until the fine folks at Flex put out an
official release on VS 2008 and then merge the HPSDR mods to that code base.

As to tools needed - I don't recall if the Flex
guys are trying to get it working with  the VS
2008 Professional or the Express editions.  I
suspect either could be made to work  - although
the Express edition will be a bit more of a
hassle to work with since I don't think they
support mixed language solutions (at least they
did not in 2005) and PowerSDR is mixed C# (GUI) and C (DSP) code.

How many folks are chomping at the bit to play in
the software?  How many are not playing with it due to the tools needed?

Regards,

Bill (kd5tfd)

At 08:24 PM 3/20/2009, Ken wrote:

>Hurray
>
>I suspect that many people would like to
>experiment a bit with the SDR if only it were
>easy to compile and build a new version.
>
>The “new architecture” is not going to help that
>situation
. So while we all wait for