[hpsdr] HPSDR SDR1000 amp

Brian Crighton m5bjcc at ntlworld.com
Sun May 10 08:24:58 PDT 2009

Has anyone interfaced the 100 watt amp (and maybe antenna tuner) from
the SDR-1000 to work with the HPSDR system?  I am wondering what sort of
control signals are required for the amp to work independently of the
SDR1K board stack.

Thanks,

John

Dear John

I have been using the 100W amp from my redundant SDR1000 and it works great.

I also use the band pass filter board from the SDR1000 untill the Alex boards are ready, and this work
very well.

I am using the Penny TX control pins to drive the 3 to 8 multiplex chip on the PA.

To control the band pass filter board I added a DG408 3 to 8 multiplexer on the filter board, because
when you are on a none ham band say WWV, there is no active pins on the Penny card to control the filters,
the DG408 has a active out with no control pins on, so I use this to work a relay to bypass the filter board.

So by using the TX and RX control pins on penny, the system work well.

Hope this helps you

Brian Crighton (M5BJC)