[hpsdr] Fw: Altera IC's: moisture sensitivity

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Fri May 1 06:35:31 PDT 2009

Eric:

Yes, big tape and reel plastic carrier that the part is stored in to
protect it mechanically
and a little bag of desiccant, and a moisture detector.  Nothing to be
worried about
unless you are reflow soldering.  If you are hand soldering, open it
when you want,
solder it when you want.  Observe anti-static procedures.  Leaving it in
the mechanical
protection is a good idea, until you use it, because you don't want to
knock any of
the pins out of alignment.

I have hand soldered four of them so far.

--- Graham / KE9H