[hpsdr] Red links in the wiki....

Richard Ames richard at ames.id.au
Wed May 6 15:09:31 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 16:47 -0500, Graham / KE9H wrote:

> Richard and all:
>
> I would personally like to see any discussion of the projects, likes,
> dislikes, requests for changes, suggestions for improvements, etc.,
> to be held out here on the email reflector, so that all can see, and
> each one of us does not have to go hopping through multiple wiki
> project pages looking for discussions.  So far, I don't think the traffic
> is too much to not do it here, and most people seem to like to monitor
> what is going on.

Yes, I like that too but it quickly becomes a difficult to search
history.  What about the user who joins the project in July 09?  I think
the useful information should be loaded onto a more shareable,
searchable and linked medium. See
http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Altera_Cyclone_FPGA for an
example.

> When two or three designers are working intensely on the detail
> of a design, they normally go off line, but high level stuff should
> be out here.  Anyone who wants to be part of a project, should
> contact the project leader.

and it all becomes hidden

> I think the concept of a wiki was created with the purpose of
> building a public encyclopedia or encyclopedic collection of information.

agree

> I think we are using it to build a multi-project/multi-editor website,
> without burdening the editors with having to know HTML.

I think wrongly.

> You can argue that we are not using the full capability of the
> wiki software, and that is true, but not necessarily a problem.

Yep. :-).

Regards,

Richard.