[hpsdr] PowerSDR Visual Studio 8

Dick Faust k9ivb at arrl.net
Mon May 11 13:40:11 PDT 2009

Steve and others;

Apparently my first post attempt did not work correctly with the new
email, so I will try again.

I believe that the proper current build environment for the HPSDR
software on Windoz is Visual Studio 2003 .  This environment [however
temporary] will ensure compatibility across all users and hardware .

I have issues with .NET of any flavor that I have expressed before and
will not repeat here.

After the most recent hardware releases, I believe a substantial effort
was made to eliminate any dependency on .NET 2.x or higher.  There is
still a need for .NET 1 [unfortunately !] in the Windoz environment.

I believe it would be smart to stay away from VS8 until a more formal
solution is devised.

If anyone has difficulty in obtaining a VS2003 environment please
contact me off line from this list.

Dick Faust K9IVB