[hpsdr] open collector outputs - sequencer

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Sat Nov 7 19:01:29 PST 2009

Hi Georg,

Thanks for your question, please see reply in your original mail below.

73's Phil...VK6APH

> I have following questions:
> 1. Is there a way to setup a sequence controller using the open
> collector outputs in powerSDR? I need to control my transverter, antenna
> relais with pre-amplifier and finally my PA?
> I don't see any possibility to introduce delays on Penny External Ctrl.

Currently there is no way to do this. There is a PTT sequence control in
both PowerSDR and KISS Konsole  but this only works on the PTT output.
If you are a programmer, or know one, then added a sequencing control Form
would be simple enough.

> 2. If not, how can I control an external sequencer before activating
> TX/Penelope? I guess that when using pin 13 (PTT Output) on Penny-DB-25
> socket the TX will already be active.

Currently with PSDR and KK you can only sequency the PTT output.

> 3. One possibility could be to feed the PTT-signal into an external
> sequencer, who will activate all the necessary items including via pin 1
> on DB-25-socket Penny-TX in the right timming sequence.
> Does anybody know a better solution?

That would work. If you trust software then as per above adding such a
feature to PSDR or KK would not be difficult.

There is one issue that perhaps someone can help with. In C# I use
Thread.Sleep(delay) to cause a delay for sequencing the PTT.  The value of
'delay' is in mS.   Problem is, if I set delay < 15mS then the shortest
delay I can get is still 15mS, longer delays  (eg 20-100mS) work as
expected.  Any work-a-round please?