[hpsdr] OZY

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Sat Oct 24 18:08:26 PDT 2009

Frank:

Unless you are talking about getting the bootloader into a brand new,
freshly built Ozy, the operating software is downloaded into Ozy
by PowerSDR from files in the associated folder, every time that Ozy is
powered
up.  The console window that opens and closes the first time you run
PowerSDR for the day, is Ozy being programmed.  It is held in RAM
and is lost everytime you turn off the power.

So, all that you need to do to have the latest software in Ozy, is to
have the latest version of PowerSDR, along with the other files in
the accompanying folder.

Mercury and Penelope hold their programs in an EEPROM on the
circuit board.  Not so on Ozy, today.  The EEPROM is there,
in case we want to change it in the future, but it allows very flexible
things like using Ozy as a JTAG programmer, as well as the computer
interface for HPSDR, just with a different code down-load.

--- Graham / KE9H

==