[hpsdr] ghpsdr startup

n3evl n3evl at townisp.com
Sun Apr 4 11:02:23 PDT 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to start up ghpsdr on a Dell Latitude C600 laptop running
Ubuntu 9.10.

After checkout from svn, I've installed the various packages and I think
I have all the necessary prerequisites.  I also created
/etc/udev/rules.d/90-ozy.rules and the /dev/ozy device appears to be
getting created.

On running ./ghpsdr (or ./ghpsdr.sh) from ~/sdr/ghpsdr/bin, I'm seeing
some problems reported:

initozy gets exec'd.
111083 bytes are transferred, LOAD FPGA successful is reported.
I see several of:
    usb_find busses returned 1
    usb_find devices returned 2
    ***** Write to I2C Failed ***** I2C Bytes written = 0
followed by some more usb-finds with I2C Bytes written = 2
The log then reports:
wait_status=0
Ozy FX2 version: 20090524
ozy_ep6_ep2_io_thread: OzyBulkRead read failed -1 (many times) followed by
ozy_ep4_io_thread: OzyBulkRead failed -1 bytes (many times)

The gui does come up but there is no signal activity and no audio.

Also, FWIW, the gui window is chopped off - I'm running at resolution of
1024 * 768 which is the max for this laptop - is there a minimum
resolution needed to properly run this?  If this laptop is too old and
weak to support this, I'll have access to a much newer laptop soon, with
better cpu and graphics.

Thanks for any advice,

73, Pete, N3EVL