[hpsdr] Success and Thanks

david at pearson78.orangehome.co.uk david at pearson78.orangehome.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 06:06:43 PDT 2010

Hi All,

Well I finally got my Mercury/Penelope setup working (On receive asnyway!). My thanks to all who responded to my many cries for help but in particular Ken N9VV and, latterly, Phil VK6APH. Without your tireless support I would have got fed up and probably junked the lot!

As those of you who have followed my problems will know I am no computer expert, far from it. I have, however, learned the following:-

1/ If you are no longer running XP you are better not bothering with Vista and going to Windows 7 32Bit (There don't seem to be any USB drivers that work with the 64Bit version).

2/ Net frmework 2 has been superceeded by several versions and the latest is Version 3.5 SP1. This works perfectly well with Windows 7. (I don't know about Vista).

3/ As Phil and Ken have pointed out Altera 9.1 SP2 works fine and Phil has now included it in the programming menu.

I still have issues with Computer and PSW noise but these are things that are within my area of knowlege. Once more many thanks to all and all power to the elbows of those developing new HPSDR projects.

Very 73,

Dave MW0AYM.