[hpsdr] Fwd: Hermes Ethernet

Henry Vredegoor henry.vredegoor at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 06:43:07 PDT 2010

Hi Bob, All,

I am experiencing the same and I must admit that it is all cheap
hardware and cabling that I'm currently using and no special attention
was given to the routing layout etc. because it is all for temporary use.

But I think to minimize interference the same old rules apply like for
any data cabling scheme:

Use of good quality  cables and connecting hardware
Use of good quality network gear, preferably in metal enclosures / cabinets
Good earthing scheme
Good routing schemes for cabling, (metal shielding cable ducts?) away
from antenna (receiving-) cabling
Good power cabling

  I think if you search the net you will find good information on the
subject.
But it also can be hard to fix/find an interference problem introduced
by "wrong" wiring.

73's,

Henry.