[hpsdr] Step 1 Question

Frank Brickle brickle at pobox.com
Thu Aug 12 09:26:41 PDT 2010

Hi Bob --

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 8:24 AM, Bob Cowdery <bob at bobcowdery.plus.com>
wrote:

> Hi Frank
>
> Sounds great. I'd love to learn more about this. I'm guessing SDeRl
because it's built around an erlang infrastructure. Just curious if Erlang
is providing the pipes or is the controller in a similar kind of way to
GNURadio building flowgraphs in Python.

Both, with C++ down at the metal for crunching numbers.

> Also curious about the protocol back to the endpoint client as I know you
were thinking along the lines of RESTful URI's. Finally I wonder if the
source and sink are now decoupled from the DSP so they can be pluggable.

Completely decoupled, with adapters for multiple protocols.  I'm
pushing RTP as the default "last mile" to client apps, but certainly
don't insist on it. Along the same lines, I prefer a RESTful interface
to the system, but it's not necessary by any means.

73
Frank
AB2KT

--
Does anyone doubt that once a society ceases to be able to afford schools,
public transit, paved roads, libraries and street lights -- or once it