[hpsdr] Hermes Status

Anthony Taylor anthonytaylorengg at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 22 10:38:08 PST 2010

Hello Alberto & All,

Over the last few months we have managed to overcome quite a few hurdles and are very close to the final "hermes" transceiver, we have a working USB Hermes with very similar performance compared to Mercury/Pennylope, currently I am working on a PCB with a PHY interface which Phil has developed, it was decided by the HPSDR group that Hermes would give up USB and use PHY as the interfacing window.

I am spending as many free cycles as I can afford on the PCB and should be ready with a Gamma version shortly, stay tuned for further updates :)

73s,

Tony