[hpsdr] HPSDR & Map65-IQ

Mike - wz5q@juno.com wz5q at juno.com
Fri Dec 10 15:34:15 PST 2010

Howdy All,
I am new to this forum and also just getting into SDR.

I have a question for the group,
I have a chance to get a HPSDR.
I am into EME and wanted to get a SDR in order to use the Map65-IQ software.
Has anyone gotten the HPSDR to work with the Map65-IQ program written by
Joe, K1JT?

Joe said the MAP65-IQ program was designed for use with the SDR-14,
SDR-IQ, and Perseus receivers. For these receivers the baseband sample
rate can be set to 95238.1 Hz, which is needed by MAP65-IQ.

He also said that the Flex xxxx receivers can use a 96000 Hz sample
rate, which is close to 95238.1 -- close enough for MAP65-IQ to appear
to be working, but not close enough for it to decode JT65 signals with
full sensitivity.

Being that the HPSDR uses the PowerSDR will this become a problem?

SDR is new to me, so pardon my ignorance in the matter if the answers
seem to be obvious.
Thank You for your time.

Mike
WZ5Q