[hpsdr] Hermes ?

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Dec 21 15:22:04 PST 2010

On Dec 21, 2010, at 1:23 PM, Alberto I2PHD wrote:
> Then I lost a bit contact with the HPSDR happenings, and browsing this evening the wiki, I see that the
> latest status about Hermes dates back to May 2010. The TAPR ordering page makes no mention of Hermes.
> Has the project put on hold ? Or maybe canceled in favor of something new ?

The group decided that Hermes would be even better if it had the ethernet connectivity that was being developed for Metis.  So, it was redesigned with the ethernet on board instead of USB.  I believe that Phil and Kevin have whipped up a prototype, but work probably won't start up again in earnest until Metis is released.

I'm sure that Phil can point out the mistakes in my explanation. :)

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com