[hpsdr] Hermes ?

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Tue Dec 21 16:50:47 PST 2010

On Dec 21, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Alberto I2PHD wrote:

> On 12/22/2010 12:22 AM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
>> The group decided that Hermes would be even better if it had the ethernet connectivity
>> that was being developed for Metis.  So, it was redesigned with the ethernet on board instead of USB.
>>
> Jeremy,
>
>   thanks. Hermes has always appealed to me as it is an RTx on just one single board. Add to it
> a mini ITX board with an Atom, put everything in a small box, and you will have a transceiver stand-alone, without PC...

I just looked at the little box sitting next to my laptop at Dayton and had evil ideas immediately.  It'd be great to stuff in my laptop bag and have a portable transceiver.

> Or at least you can present it as such to your friends who hate SDRs because they need a PC...  :-)
> And I know a lot who think along these lines...

If they only knew what was inside a K3...

> I will patiently wait until it will be ripe for prime time...

I'm hoping that it will be soon, but no guarantees either way.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com