[hpsdr] Hermes ?

Alberto I2PHD i2phd at weaksignals.com
Wed Dec 22 15:02:15 PST 2010

On 12/22/2010 1:50 AM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
>> Or at least you can present it as such to your friends who hate SDRs because they need a PC...:-)
>> >  And I know a lot who think along these lines...
> If they only knew what was inside a K3...
Oh, probably they know or suspect that... but the K3 doesn't need the user to start Windows, to install programs, to
recover from
system errors, the user is not requested to connect this to that with cables that are hanging on the station table, etc.
etc.

These are the aspects that many OMs (at least those that I know) do not like of a solution where a PC is involved.
If the PC is there, but is fully contained in the same enclosure as the radio, no extra cables, and when you power it
on, automatically starts
with a canned program, and can be used also from a user who think that Windows are those thing that you must open to
have fresh air,
then that is the radio that will receive a great acceptance also by that category of OMs.... :-)
--
/*73 Alberto I2PHD*/