[hpsdr] Quick KISS Console question

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Mon Dec 27 04:28:03 PST 2010

Hi Paul,

The KISS Konsole Beta release V1.0.5 is the most current one. You will also
find a development  version (V1.0.6) in my directory.

V1.0.6 incorporates a  new speech processor proposed by Peter Martinez,
G3PLX,  that I find is very effective.  I've also added VOX, a noise gate
and a simple (fixed) EQ on transmit.

There is a lot of work going on at the moment to incorporate Metis support
into  KK. In addition we are reviewing all the existing KK code in order to
reduce the CPU load.  A number of the Metis Beta testers have found that the
CPU load when using Metis with PowerSDR(TM) is substantially lower than when
using Ozy (USB2).  This has motivated us to see if we can get the CPU load
when using KK down to the same levels.

Once these modifications are complete we anticipate rolling them into a new
release of KK.

73 and Happy New Year

Phil...VK6APH