[hpsdr] svn server IP changed

Berndt Josef Wulf wulf at ping.net.au
Thu Dec 30 16:18:52 PST 2010

G'day,

This doesn't stop the registrant of openhpsdr.org to add a record into
openhpsdr.org DNS database to point to the svn host and any other services.
Talk to your service provider (DreamHost?) and discuss available  options.
OpenHPSDR may also consider running their own nameserver, which isn't
difficult to setup, in order to eliminate of having to deal with a third
party.

73, Berndt
VK5ABN

On 31/12/10 Dale Boresz wrote:

> It's not quite that simple. The server is not dedicated to HPSDR, or
> FlexRadio or anyone else, and it hosts other applications that have
> nothing to do with sdr or even amateur radio.
>
> Dale
> WA8SRA
>
> On 12/30/2010 5:48 PM, Jeremy McDermond wrote:
> > ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
> >
> > On Dec 30, 2010, at 1:55 PM, Dale Boresz wrote:
> >
> >> ***** High Performance Software Defined Radio Discussion List *****
> >>
> >> The IP address of the svn server has changed. Unfortunately, I was not
made aware that this was to occur, and only found out when my own code could
not be committed to the repository.

> >> The new IP address is: 184.81.170.126
> > And I again ask the dangerous question:  why isn't this in DNS as
something like svn.openhpsdr.org?  This way it's changed once in DNS and we
don't have to change it on a bunch of wiki pages and a bunch of user clients?
This is exactly one of the situations for which DNS was created.  It's only
been around since like 1983.

> >> Very sorry for the inconvenience, and complete lack of advance
notification.
> > These things happen.  It just seems like this happens semi-yearly, and a
simple A record would solve a lot of the issues.