[hpsdr] No ozy host assisted firmware load

george byrkit ghbyrkit at chartermi.net
Tue Feb 23 05:15:05 PST 2010

Dear Ken,

First, unless the power supply is off, or the LEDs are installed backwards
on your Atlas board, you should see LEDs on Atlas.  Without power on Atlas,
I don't think you can succeed at the rest of what you are doing.  Try using
a VOM to measure the voltages on Atlas.  If you don't have the proper
voltages, I'd work on that problem first!

If I read the rest of your most recent email correctly, I think your other
problem is that you are trying to use Bill's initozy binaries with WinUSB.
My WIKI page tells you that such is not possible.  You MUST use my binaries
if you are using WinUSB.  AND you must use my version of KISS.  Bill's
binaries currently use libusb0, and libusb0 and WinUSB are mutually
incompatible.

Or maybe there is some other confusion as to what you should be using?  If
you are running Win7 64 bit or WinVista 64 bit, you currently must be using
my KISS branch, with WinUSB, and my binaries for loadfpga, loadfw and
writei2c.  PowerSDR will not yet work for you, as Bill hasn't finished
porting it to WinUSB.  Otherwise, you can (probably should) be using Bill's
PowerSDR and Bill's binaries with libusb0.  If using Bill's code (PowerSDR,
binaries, libusb0), you can also use Phil's KISS branch and programs like
CWSkimmer.

Vy 73,
George K9TRV

database 4889 (20100223) __________