[hpsdr] Excalibur, not anymore the only one...

John Koster w9ddd at tapr.org
Sun Jan 17 11:04:55 PST 2010

On Sun, 17 Jan 2010, Alberto I2PHD wrote:

>> John Koster wrote:
>>
>>  Perhaps King Arthur did?
>>

>> John,
>
> I am by no means a lawyer... are you implying that, being "Excalibur" a
> mythological and well known name,
> nobody can claim rights on its use ? In other words, could
> hypothetically
> two similar products, from two different companies,
> have that name, without any risks of legal litigations ?
>
> 73? Alberto? I2PHD

I'm certainly not a lawyer either.  So far I haven't seen a TM on either
of the two 'similar' products.  Perhaps that's a point to be made.  Even
if 'we' don't intend to sue someone else, it may be a defense against
others suing us down the line if we put that notice on the HPSDR projects?
(not sure who 'us' would be, but I'm afraid it might be TAPR, since HPSDR
is a cloud)

Originally I intended just a little humor.

John, W9DDD