[hpsdr] LPU 5V supply

Scott Cowling scotty at tonks.com
Tue Jul 6 09:48:24 PDT 2010

Hi Dave,

The recommended solution (well, I recommend it anyway :-) is to short
out F2. The regulator supplies sufficient overload protection.

When adjusting the value of R6, be sure to use the peak current and
not the average current that you are drawing. Otherwise you may get
output voltage dropout, depending on the duration of your peak
current draw.  Looks like your 2.7 ohm value would work with 11V
input, even at 2A output current.

Don't forget the tolerance of the resistor when cutting things fine. :-)

GL es 73,
Scotty WA2DFI