[hpsdr] LPU internal 12V feedthrough connectors

Luke Steele mail10 at barefoothorse.com.au
Tue Jul 6 17:45:46 PDT 2010

At 09:34 AM 6/07/2010 -0700, Scotty wrote:

>The LPU is fabricated with 1 oz copper on the two layers. The trace
>between the two power-poles is 0.1" (2.54mm) wide.  For a 20C
>temperature rise, the maximum continuous current rating is about 6.5A.

>My recommendation is that you add an external wire in parallel with
>the trace/plane between both the +V and -V power-pole terminals.

Well, there's the answer from The Man! Thanks Scotty.
Whilst the average current is going to be far less than the 18A peak
required by the PA, I will strap the connectors under the board with a nice
fat wire.
Last night I had my first session on air with my new HPSDR. The only hitch
was the nil tx audio happening. The wiki had the info to place shorting
jumpers on the I2C jumpers on Magister. As soon as I did this, all was
well. Very complimentary reports on air. Just operated 80m last night.

Info on nil tx audio at bottom of this page.
http://openhpsdr.org/wiki/index.php?title=Penelope_-_Trouble_Shooting

73,
Luke VK3HJ