[hpsdr] So I ordered an atlas, preparation is in order

Chris Albertson albertson.chris at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 09:09:50 PDT 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:40 PM, Dick Faust <k9ivb at cox.net> wrote:

> I am very nearsighted and do not use magnification - the human eye is the
> best lens that you can buy !  If you are farsighted that is a different
>  issue all together.

I just got one of these a few days ago.  I'm kicking myself for not
buying it sooner.   Expensive so I put it off but it is the best thing
for detail work I've ever used.  Made in USA, has real glass lenses
and real leather in the headband and they sell parts so years from
now, you can fix it rather then replace it.
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2aj6hok

Stewart sells tools for making guitars but Google will find many
opthes who sell this thing.  There are two kinds of lights, the one in
the photo is an LED frame that looks like the ultimate geek-gadget and
Optivistor makes another that looks like a head mounted single beam
flash light that many dentists use.  The LED frame has zero shadows.

The lens plate can be changed out.  You trade magnification for
working distance.  the 2x lens plate gives 10"

=====
Chris Albertson
Redondo Beach, California