[hpsdr] Please more info on reusing an analog rig for HPSDR

Ben Witvliet pa5bw at xs4all.nl
Wed Jun 16 10:56:55 PDT 2010

Hello Joe, K5SO,

I read your message on the re-use of your IC-7800 for HPSDR with a real
Eureka feeling!

Can you give us more advice on that?

Any suggestions on what I'll have to do to break-in on my FT-990 to make it
an HPSDR-990?

I have 'First Light' on my HPSDR (Atlas, Ozy, Mercury, Penelope). But I can
hardly wait to start experimenting with Whisper, Olivia and Coherent CW with
it. Also read a lot about signal recognition with second order statistics.
This digital receiver thing really is exciting.

So the sooner I can get this little box of miracles seaworthy, the better!

And this might be a real fine shortcut without sacrificing quality.

73, Ben PA5BW

pa5bw at xs4all.nl

<quoting K5SO>