[hpsdr] Please more info on reusing an analog rig for HPSDR

Ben Witvliet pa5bw at xs4all.nl
Thu Jun 17 22:22:41 PDT 2010

K5SO & group de PA5BW.

Thanks Joe on the description how to modify an existing rig to insert the
HPSDR. Clear explanation and sounds doable for me. I think I need the Rx
bandpass filters, so will see if the receiver path is easily hijacked in the
FT-990. I am a bit nervous about going into my one-and-only FT-990, but the
way you solved it is good, that way I can always go back to the before-mod
state of the rig.
I happen to be a QSK adept on CW, so will see what happens. My FT-990 relais
aren't very noisy on QSK, but don't know what extra sound HPSDR adds? BTW
congrats on the nice EME station you show on your website. Missed the HPSDR
there :-)

73, Ben PA5BW
pa5bw at xs4all.nl