[hpsdr] PowerSDR CAT seems to go to sleep

w3sz 73w3sz at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 15:03:03 PST 2010

Hi,

I have an annoying and weird problem with my HPSDR installations
[Atlas/Mercury/Ozy/Penelope].
I am using PowerSDR v 1.10.4 Base SVN2025, but I have noticed this with
earlier versions, too.

It seems like when I let the radio sit for 'awhile' [not sure how long;
somewhere between 5 and 30 minutes, I think] the CAT control through
PowerSDR seems to turn itself off, and I need to disable and re-enable
it by clicking 'enable' in the PowerSDR CAT Control menu [to remove the
checkmark and disable it], hit 'apply', and then re-enable it by
clicking  'enable' again, and everything works.

As long as I keep using the radio in question, things work fine.  But if
I go to another radio and leave a unit quiet for awhile, when I return I
have the problem.

I have several setups running, and am using various 'brands' of  Virtual
Comports; one system uses com0com, others use Advanced Virtual Com Port,
and all display similar behavior.

All systems are Core 2 Duo Windows XP Pro.

Has anyone else noticed this?

Does anyone have an idea of where my troubleshooting should begin?

Thanks in advance,

73,

Roger Rehr
W3SZ