[hpsdr] OZY II: USB vs Ethernet ?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 20:11:28 PST 2010

On Mon, 8 Mar 2010, Phil Harman wrote:

> With the prototype OyzII I can attach it to my home network and access it
> from any PC - that may be of interest to some folks.

Think bigger...  No reason to limit access to your home network.
You could access it via Clearwire or cell-phone networking from a
vehicle.  Access it from 802.11 access in a restaurant or clubhouse.
Plug into a friend's network and access your home station.  Of
course accessing it from a wireless laptop in/near my home would be
fun too.

For Field Day:  Put the SDR radios near their antennas but widely
separated from other radios.  Connect them all together with
ethernet or 802.11.  Set up the tents wherever you like as they
don't have to be near the radios or antennas.

Long-shot:  Might even interest people in creating/maintaining
high-speed RF networking to access various SDR radios in the area.