[hpsdr] W1BW online Mercury

Bruce Walker bruce at quidnet.com
Wed May 12 11:52:07 PDT 2010

Hi, Chris.  I know I recognize you from the WSPR world.

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Chris Gomoiu <chrisgomy at gmail.com> wrote:
> ...Your work would
> enable me to do the same as you, share one receiver and use the others for
> whispering but I wouldn't want to loose PSDR windows functionality as I've
> just ordered a Penelope board.

I expect that it will work fine as a single receiver under PSDR, but I
have not tested it.  I'm only running it on linux using ghpsdr3-based
code.  That's why I wanted to throw it out there for others to test in
different circumstances.  If someone can try running it with PSDR,
please do and report back to the rest of the group!  Certainly that
needs to happen before this can be officially released in any way.

> Which brings me to my second question, how do you run three instances of
> WSPR in Linux and manage to route audio from the virtual receivers?

Through the joys of open source: by hacking WSPR to get its input from
the TCP audio stream of ghpsdr3's dspserver (also slightly hacked to
send out raw audio rather than alaw-encoded) in a very quick-and-dirty
fashion.  I'm working on doing the same thing for fldigi.  I very much
want to hook various digital mode software up to these soft radios,
but it's at the exploration / rapid prototyping stage now, at least
for me.

I'll check in experimental versions of WSPR, etc., which work with
dspserver when things have settled down and I get a chance. I'm not
working on anything on the Tx side.

--bruce W1BW