[hpsdr] Transverter setup

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Mon May 17 12:21:17 PDT 2010

Kevin Wheatley wrote:
> Hi Alfred
>
> From my VERY limit knowledge with the PSDR code, I believe the bandplan (TX enabled) is via the database. If this assumption is correct then you only need to modify the database and thus enabling Tx on 22Mhz.

Hey Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion. Editing the Band Text table in the database
changes the displayed info, but the Tx disable is buried elsewhere in
the code.
In any case, I really want to use the transverter setup, as that allows
the actual frequency to be displayed. I set a LO offset of 200MHz, and
LO error of 1200Hz, and a Rx gain of 18dB. Now, when I go to the VHF+
band select, I can go directly to the 222 tab, and when tuned to 222.100
PSDR thinks this is within the band, and gives me the drive I need at
~22.100MHz. At least, it did with 1.18.3 and SDR1K. No unlock codes needed.
Looking back through the hpsdr archives it seems that others have used
the rig in this way, so I'm wondering if I'm just missing a flag
somewhere, or if svn 2025 has a limitation.

73  Alf  NU8I