[hpsdr] Transverter setup

Jeff Cook jeffrie at talktalk.net
Mon May 17 12:24:21 PDT 2010

Unfortunately Alf there's a bit more to it than changing the database
file, the band plan is hard coded within the source code, so you will
need to make changes there as well.  George Byrkit very patiently talked
me through this process a few weeks back when I wanted to make changes
to the 5 MHz band plan, which is substantially different here in the UK
as compared to the US, and it was my intention to come on here and blow
my own trumpet as to just how clever I was when I'd succeeded, but
complete success eluded me (no surprise there), and then Doug Wigley
made my attempts at code manipulation look like the gibbering of an
idiot when he brought out his terrific update of Bill Tracey's code.  He
also took about five minutes to produce for me my very own British
version of PowerSDR, I'd spent days sweating over it with George Byrkit
gently nudging me this way and that, I guess one should stick to what
one knows, which in my case is knowing how to vote for a hung parliament
and then regretting it.

Jeff Cook, G0AFQ.