[hpsdr] Transverter setup

Alfred Green nu8i at cox.net
Mon May 17 12:45:25 PDT 2010

Jeff Cook wrote:

> Unfortunately Alf there's a bit more to it than changing the database
> file, the band plan is hard coded within the source code, so you will
> need to make changes there as well.
Hello Jeff,

Yep, I sussed that. My confusion is that I have been running PSDR for a
couple of years with SDR1K (LP version) driving homebrew transverters
with no SW changes needed, so long as the final frequency is in band. I
don't think there is any frequency sensitive logic in the FPGAs.
Even choosing a standard IF, say a 116MHz LO for a 28 > 144 transverter,
the XVTRs form still won't accept it. Either I'm missing a step, or it's
broke.
>  I guess one should stick to what one knows, which in my case is
> knowing how to vote for a hung parliament and then regretting it.

<G> Good luck with that! I left that zoo back in 1985.

73  Alf  NU8I (xG4ABB)