[hpsdr] Digital Voice and HPSDR

Tony Langdon vk3jed at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 15:28:36 PDT 2010

At 07:47 AM 11/2/2010, John Petrich wrote:

>What I am going to do is to look more carefully into FDMDV and at
>least monitor some SW DV broadcasts.  In the longer run, I'll keep
>my eyes and ears open for the next phase in Codec development.

One comment here John, to avoid some confusion.  The modes mentioned
are for amateur use only.  Digital shortwave uses DRM (upon which
WinDRM is loosely based).  DRM uses different codecs (typically
something like AAC+ at low bitrate).

If you want to monitor DRM SW broadcasts, you will need different
software, at least.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com