[hpsdr] Excalibur Issues

Graham / KE9H KE9H at austin.rr.com
Wed Nov 10 15:29:47 PST 2010

Jeremy:

The warbling you are describing is usually the result of driving the Atlas
bus with multiple 10 MHz frequency sources.  Are you sure that you have
turned off both Mercury and Penelope 10 MHz output to the bus?

The fact that the warbling goes away when you turn off Excalibur would be
consistent with two drive sources.

Do you have an oscilloscope that you can look at the 10 MHz line on the
Atlas bus with?

As far as having a bad TCXO, that is possible, but I have not seen one
of them
fail that way, so far.

--- Graham / KE9H

==