[hpsdr] Looking for guidance

Erik Anderson erikba at odysseus.anderson.name
Wed Nov 10 15:35:52 PST 2010

On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 3:26 PM, John Melton
<john.d.melton at googlemail.com>wrote:

> The data between the hardware and PC is defined in the document
> "USB protocol V1.27.doc" in the svn at
> svn://64.245.179.219/svn/repos_sdr_hpsdr/trunk/Documentation.  The basic
> data from the hardware to the PC is status information, I/Q samples from
> Mercury and microphone samples Penelope.  The data from the PC to the
> hardware is basically I/Q data to Penelope, audio data to Mercury and
> control information.

I'm recently getting into this too, and one of the reasons I joined is so
that I would not have to hear transmitted signal be described as "audio
data".  I've already been told that the transmit bandwidth using Ozy is ~150
KHz, will Metis permit a wider signal capability?