[hpsdr] IDE for PowerSDR

wully wully at bluewin.ch
Mon Nov 29 01:18:57 PST 2010

Hi Georg

I have made experiments with PowerSDR.

1) Using the newest Visual Studio is not a problem. But you need C++ and
C#. By combining both freely downloadable environments, you can build
the complete system.

2) I tried using Virtual Machines on VMware to run HPSDR. But it turned
out, that USB-Support in VMware has some problems with speed. I used the
Linux-Code of John Melton, which is a very nice implementation. But it
turned out, that the USB-Delays produce very bad errors on the sound.
John has implemented a timer function by which you can check your
USB-Speed (there has been recently a message in this list from John
explaining the --timing parameter).

best regards

Alfred, HB9EPU