[hpsdr] CW Offset still causing me transmit frequency problems

Merv Thomas vk6bmt at iinet.net.au
Wed Oct 20 19:28:58 PDT 2010

A few days ago I posted a problem I was having in that my transmit freq was
different to the freq I keyed in on PowerSDR VFO A - answers suggested that
I had a CW offset and this was true and I thought by entering a zero in this
field and hitting Tab it would set it to zero - it certainly shows as zero
on the screen but in fact a 200Hz offset is still present.

As I choose between CWL/CWU/USB/LSB my VFO A frequency keeps on changing and
gets way off the freq I want to transmit on and in most cases the measured
transmit freq is not what is shown in the VFO A window.

What am I doing wrong?  It seems the 200Hz offset is a hard-coded figure in
PowerSDR because if I try to reduce the figure by clicking on the down arrow
in the Pitch Freq(Hz) area on the main screen it will not go below 200Hz.
Is there a way to totally disable CW or to get the offset to stay as zero??

Thanks for any help provided.

Regards,

Merv  VK6BMT