[hpsdr] PowerSDR v 1.19.3.1.diversity2

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Thu Sep 23 12:57:22 PDT 2010

Hi Kurt,

The Firmware version for Mercury should be reporting 6.0 if you have
loaded the firmware in the download package for PowerSDR
v1.19.3.1.diversity2.  Mercury v6.0 firmware will run the PowerSDR
v1.19.3.1 version and KD5TFDs version too.

However, the Tx OC PTT problem you (and I, now) observe doesn't seem
to be associated with that at all.  The character of the problem
pulses that appear on the Penelope J6 PIN 13 OC PTT line seem to be
dependent upon the sample rate that is selected (192000, 96000, or
48000 on the PowerSDR>Setup>Audio panel).  At 48000 Hz sample rate the
pulses do appear much like a clock, hihi, but at 192000 Hz sample rate
the spurious pulses are much fewer in number and much narrower in
width, at least on my system.   Looks like maybe a timing problem in
the USB comm link to me.

I do not see any such pulses on the PTT line when I run the W5WC
PowerSDR v1.19.3.1 program and activate the PTT line so the issue is
certainly due to my diversity Rx mod code additions somehow (maybe
indirectly, actually).  Perhaps the extra processing time is creating
some kind of timing problem and some tweaking of the buffer sizes may
need to be done.  The xmit audio sounds fine here even when the PTT
line pulses are present.

I'll stay on it until I figure it out and get it working properly.

Thanks again for the feedback!

73,  Joe K5SO