[hpsdr] Postings slow to show up on website!

Jeremy McDermond mcdermj at xenotropic.com
Sat Dec 31 15:28:52 PST 2011

On Dec 31, 2011, at 3:13 PM, george byrkit wrote:

> Dear All,
> I've been finding that posts are taking over 12 hours to show up in the
> archive.  I get a 'digest' and not individual emails sent to me.  So it's
> possible that Jeremy's response to Bob Mahrenholz was to such an email.  I
> just got the digest, and while my email post to the list is there, it still
> has NOT shown up in the archive!
>
> Does anyone have any idea what is happening, or what can be done to speed up
> the appearance in the archive?  I'm refreshing with ctrl-F5 just to be sure
> that it's going to the website, but that doesn't make a difference!  Does
> anyone else have the same problem that I'm having?

I don't have any ideas for the answer as I don't have access to that box.  There does appear to be an issue though.  If you look at the bottom of the archive page you see:

Last message date: Sat Dec 31 00:02:32 PST 2011
Archived on: Sat Dec 31 11:54:25 PST 2011

So, it took a little less than 12 hours for the archive to get the last message.  It must have happened sometime this month.  November's archive reads:

Last message date: Wed Nov 30 17:59:54 PST 2011
Archived on: Wed Nov 30 17:59:58 PST 2011

So messages were hitting the archive fairly quickly.

--
Jeremy McDermond (NH6Z)
Xenotropic Systems
mcdermj at xenotropic.com