[hpsdr] PowerSDR v1.19.3.2.diversity17 (K5SO 22FEB2011)

Joe Martin K5SO k5so at valornet.com
Wed Feb 23 00:32:42 PST 2011

PowerSDR v1.19.3.2.diversity17 (K5SO 22FEB2011) is available for
download at

http://k5so.com/HPSDR_downloads.html

This PSDR version uses dual Mercury boards for diversity reception and/
or directional nulling and supports both Metis (Ethernet) and Ozy/
Magister (USB) communications with the PC (but not both Metis and Ozy/
Magister simultaneously, of course).

For Metis, it is necessary to load Metis v6.2 firmware into the Metis
board.

Metis v6.2 is available on the web page (Metis_v6.2.rbf only or the
entire Quartus II project for Metis v6.2 as downloads, your option).

Note that when using two or more Mercury boards for receiving in a
transmitting station it is necessary to put a T/R relay on BOTH
receiving antennas to prevent damaging the inputs of the Mercury boards.

The source code for PowerSDR v1.19.3.3 is not yet posted, so this
diversity version is based upon the PowerSDR v1.19.3.2 code.

I had hopes that all audio pops, burps, and gaps would be totally gone
when using Metis but apparently not.  Next on my to-do list is to find
the source of these audio anomalies and get rid of them once and for
all (tall order, I know)!  Apparently the root cause is not simply
speed of data transfer between HPSDR/PC.

73,  Joe K5SO