[hpsdr] Two tone testing

FRANCIS CARCIA carcia at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 27 18:28:13 PST 2011

Hi All,
Today I tried some two tone testing with the new Metis set up. When I tried AM the tone level was equal to the carrier level. At 100% modulation the modulation should be 6 dB below the carrier. I could not find a setting that reduced the level of the test audio signal.
I suppose it is confused with two tone SSB testing without a carrier since the audio levels seem the same on the display. The compressor was disabled ad Phil H. suggested. The audio generator seems to also be a bit hot. When looking at the signal on a scope the output is overmodulated in AM mode but looks ok in SSB if the drive is set back slightly.
(80 drive 38 dB gain on 75 meters).
Metis works great. Frank WA1GFZ