[hpsdr] Penny PTT unkeying spike - T/R sequencing?

Phil Harman phil at pharman.org
Wed Feb 2 17:09:51 PST 2011

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the screen shots.  I suspect that the +2kHz tone is a result of
one of the registers in PowerSDR not being cleared when the PTT is
released.

For AM and FM the DSP code does not use a zero frequency IF so that would
be a good place to start looking.

Can you try the same tests with a 50 ohm load connected directly to the RF
output socket on Penny? I'd suggest a BNC plug with a 50 ohm resistor
inside - like the BNC Ethernet terminations we use to use.

I'll also see about getting you a version of KISS KONSOLE which will
enable you to run in full duplex so we can narrow the problem down a bit
more.

I've not seen the instability issues you have with Penelope before.
Connect your 'scope to pin 3 of the DB25 connector on Penelope. This has
the I signal that is being set to Penelope by PowerSDR when you transmit.

If this is clean when the problem happens then it does indicate a problem
with your Penelope board.

Did the line-in version of initozy11. bat work OK?

73 Phil...VK6APH